Funny cars you see in London
Thursday, September 29, 2005
  Volkswagen T1


Beautiful, joyful, a myth. The first Transporter, not to confuse with either the Typ 1 (Beetle) or the Transporter T2, maybe the most popular one. This is the Transporter T1, the original one from the fifties. It´s easy to tell because of the split windscreen. I am unable, anyway, to determine the age fo this vehicule. But the colours and the form are just lovely.

I already posted a picture of the Typ 3 and this would be the Typ 2, so I am just missing the Beetle, Typ 1.
 
Comments:
Hi Joao!!! meu amico ;)

I'm glad you like it!!
What I mean by T1 is that it is a Transporter T1...being (as every Transpoter is) a Typ 2...nowadays they're selling the Transporter T5.
If I understood well (Celine showed me a picture) you've got a lovely T2...Typ 2 T2, with high roof...beautiful. One of my favourite cars ever....
 
Excellent photos, keep up the good work. Thought you might be interested in a reciprocal link to my humorous car blog
http://car-evolution.blogspot.com/
Cheers, Clive.
 
http://www.avwc.org/castella/edadvw2.htm

This is an spanish page. Here you can to find a table with the relation between the number of the chasis and the year of manufacture
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
THE IDEA: After some months living in London and seeing some of the most unbelievable cars and bizarre things-on-wheels, I have finally decided to keep track of this unique heritage. Don't forget to check the archive for surprises.

MY OTHER BLOG
But what´s going on in London?


LINKS
ARCHIVES
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / April 2006 / April 2007 / May 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Photoblogs.org
View My Profile